Dog helps save Damascus family from fire

A family’s home is badly damaged after a fire broke out late Thursday morning in Damascus. But the family who lives there is fine, thanks to a brave boy and his dog.

Aiden Whatford, 13, says it all started around 11 a.m. Thursday, when Jax, the family dog, began barking and wouldn’t stop.

When Aiden came and looked out the front window, he could see smoke and flames pouring from the family’s attic.

“The outline of the door was orange, and so was the window,” he said. “So I knew it was a fire right away, before the smoke came in.”

“It’s a fire. Am I going to make it out of here?” His mind was racing. “But the first thing that went through my head was, ‘I need to get Karen.'”

Read more about this story here:

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/clackamas-county/2015/07/24/dog-helps-save-damascus-family-from-fire/30614501/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *