Did you have to evacuate your business due to the recent wildfires in the Pacific Northwest? Once you are able to return to your property, here are the steps you should take:
- Contact your insurance company.
- Do not sign any contracts unless you fully understand them and know who is paying and for what.
- Expect your insurance company to conduct an investigation.
- It is highly recommended to retain your own attorney to represent you if you are asked to submit an examination under oath.
- Remember that you are required to prove what you lost.
- Take your time to describe every item in detail. If possible, obtain receipts, copies of credit card statements, owner manuals, etc.
- Relocate to a Safe Space!
- Remember that most policies provide benefits that reimburse these expenses later. Make sure to document all costs of relocations for this time.
We understand this process is a financially and emotionally straining time. Remember you do not need to go through it alone. We help Individuals and Property Owners who have been the victims of property damage from a Fire, Flood, Storm, Accident, Theft, or Vandalism, as well as Individuals and Business Owners who need representation in Civil and Commercial Litigation. Call us at 503-305-7806 to schedule a consultation.